WordPress on Demand (Pearson/Que Publishing) provides detailed guidance on completing dozens of common WordPress tasks in a visual, step-by-step format.
This WordPress book covers both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org), offering real-world advice and suggestions on how to save time, avoid problems, and create a well-designed, high-quality site that attracts your target audience and achieves tangible results, even if you have no design background. A list of recommended themes and plugins is also included.
Read an Excerpt: Download a sample chapter of WordPress on Demand.
In this WordPress book, you learn how to:
- Choose between hosted WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org)
- Select the right domain name and web host
- Create a WordPress website in minutes
- Select, upload, and customize themes
- Create and format posts and pages
- Incorporate media files such as pictures, audio, video, and PDFs
- Select, install, and configure widgets
- Select, install, and configure plugins for added functionality
- Create and modify custom menus
- Administer user comments and control spam
- Create a responsive site that’s easy to read on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Manage privacy, security, backups, search engine visibility, and more